New Zealand Certificate in Barber Skills
Barbering isn't just a job...it's an art form!
The revival of barbering means great opportunities for graduates! Our dynamic programme combines the classic barbering skills of clipper, scissor, and razor cutting with street savvy taper fades, line-outs, cut-throat shaving, current colour trends and whatever else is new!
If you are still not convinced, take a look at this video on barbercraft and the barbering industry in New Zealand.
- Barbering tools and techniques
- Men’s blow drying
- Classic scissor, razor and clipper cuts
- Taper fades, line-outs, and ‘street’ trends
- Men’s fashion hair cuts and facial hair grooming
- Cut-throat shaving
- Barbering business skills
2017 Intake Dates
- 17 July - Auckland campus
- 9 October -Auckland campus
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Wellington campuses.
36 weeks including 4 weeks of holiday.
Entry is open to beginners and all applicants are considered however you must be:
- 16 years or older
- Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of spoken and written English
Hairdressers or graduates of a hairdressing course are eligible for entry to the final 12 weeks of the course with reduced fees to gain the full qualification.
Get more info
The revival in barbering creates ample opportunities for graduate barbers to find full-time employment in a barbershop or open a business with small capital outlay.
Barbers may also find employment in the following industries:
- Hair salons and barber shops
- Luxury hotels
- Cruise ships
- Small business ownership
- Tuition fees: $8,487.00
- Compulsory course costs: $1,000.00*
*Includes the barbering kit that is required for this course.
Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
If you are aged between 16 and 19 years, you may qualify for one of our fees-free spots.
- New Zealand Certificate in Barber Skills - Level 3