Certificate in Makeup Artistry
A professional makeup artist needs a broad range of capabilities in all aspects of makeup artistry, combined with proficiency in hairstyling, beauty, and marketing. Our one-year certificate covers the skills needed for freelance or contract employment in cosmetics and fashion for the stage, screen, and all forms of media production.
Makeup artistry is an acquired skill that requires a firm foundation of tools, techniques, and application. You will gain a broad base of all makeup skills from experienced tutors.
Some of the skills covered include personal preparation, pre-production, production and continuity skills (film, TV, stage and media), workplace skills, and makeup and hair for catwalk and photography.
- Beautician services
- Cosmetic consultancy
- Fashion makeup and hairstyling
- Wig and hairpiece styling
- Photographic makeup
- Corrective and glamour makeup
- Catwalk and promotions makeup
- Makeup for performing arts
- Film and television makeup
- Character and period makeup
- Introduction to Special Effects (SFX) and Body Art
Entry is open to beginners and all applicants are considered however you must be:
- 16 years or older.
- Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of spoken and written English.
Details of entry criteria and recognised prior learning are set out in the Guide to Enrolment.
- Certificate in Makeup Artistry - Level 4
- NZQA credits on the National Qualifications Framework
Get More Info
Once you have graduated you can seek employment as a makeup artist in the following industries:
- Photographic studios
You will also be able to work in the cosmetics industry as a sales representative or technical consultant.
2017 Intake Dates
- 17 July
- 9 October
40 weeks including 6 weeks of holidays.
This course is offered at our Auckland City campus.
- Tuition fees: $8,483.00
- Compulsory course costs: $1,000.00*
*Includes the makeup kit which is required for this course.
Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.