New Zealand Certificate in Barber Skills
Barbering isn't just a job...it's an art form!
The revival of barbering means great opportunities for graduates! Our dynamic programme combines the classic barbering skills of clipper, scissor, and razor cutting with street savvy taper fades, line-outs, cut-throat shaving, current colour trends and whatever else is new!
If you are still not convinced, have a look at this video on barbercraft and the barbering industry in New Zealand.
- Barbering tools and techniques
- Men’s blow drying
- Classic scissor, razor and clipper cuts
- Taper fades, line-outs, and ‘street’ trends
- Men’s fashion hair cuts and facial hair grooming
- Cut-throat shaving
- Barbering business skills
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Have an IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent
It is also advisable that applicants have completed NCEA Level 1 (or equivalent) and it is the Academy's preference that candidates are interviewed before enrolment in order to ensure their success.
- New Zealand Certificate in Barber Skills - Level 3
The revival in barbering creates ample opportunities for graduate barbers to find full-time employment in a barbershop or open a business with small capital outlay.
Barbers may also find employment in the following industries:
- Hair salons and barber shops
- Luxury hotels
- Cruise ships
- Small business ownership
2017 Intake Dates
- 9 October
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Wellington campuses.
36 weeks including 4 weeks of holiday.
- Tuition fees: $19,240.00
- Compulsory course costs: $1,000.00*
*Includes the barbering kit that is required for this course.