Special Effects (SFX) Makeup
Why Choose SFX Makeup
If you are passionate about film making, fashion and media production, this is the course for you! Completion of this intensive training programme will provide you with the skills you need to excel as a freelance makeup artist for catwalk, studio, advertising, film and television. You will have the added advantage of model-making, prosthetics, costume and props skills which will give you a competitive edge in the production workplace.
Students in the Cut Above Diploma of Production Design and Sculpting (Level 5) spend a full-time year learning to create makeup effects and prosthetics for film, stage or TV production, and how to cast, mold, and sculpt a creature. In addition they gain a firm foundation of makeup techniques for stage and screen and get to test their skills on a host of exciting shows.
What Will I Learn?
- Casting, sculpting, mold-making and hairstyling for the stage and screen
- Working to a director’s concept
- Editorial and advertising
- Fantasy, horror and period makeup for film, television and theatre
- Prosthetics, wardrobe, wigs and props production.
Give us a call on +64 0 9 309 0689 to speak to one of our Course Advisors. Alternatively you can send us an email.