Training for hairdressers begins with the New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing Salon Support Level 3, which takes you from complete novice to technical level, capable of earning your place in a successful salon – or qualifying for entry to the New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) - Level 4.
Early in the course you begin supervised practice in our model salons, applying what you have learned in class. Focus at this level is on the practical skills of hairdressing, combined with professional salon practices and creative flair.
- Blow-waving and setting
- Long-hair styling
- Product knowledge
- Trichology and hair treatments
- Scissor and razor cutting
- Highlighting and foiling
- Retail and reception skills
- Professional development
- Communication skills
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Manukau campuses.
2019 Course Costs
- Tuition fees: $19,500.00
- Course: $1,750.00
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) - Level 3
- NZQA credits towards the National Certificate in Hairdressing (Professional Stylist) - Level 4
You will be able to provide elementary hairdressing services under the supervision of a senior operator and demonstrate customer service skills both over the telephone and face-to-face.
You may also find employment as a hairdresser or stylist in a salon or fashion event.
2019 Intake Dates
Auckland City Campus
- 25 March
- 15 July
Auckland South Campus
- 25 February
- 15 July
40 weeks including 6 weeks of holiday.
- Be 18 years or older
- Have an General or Academic IELTS score of 5 with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent
- Have completed NCEA Level 1 (or equivalent)
- And an interview with the Academy before enrolment in order to ensure their success
Cut Above Academy is one of the trading names for the registered PTE New Zealand School of Tourism. Your enrolment is with New Zealand School of Tourism Ltd and your qualification is issued by the New Zealand School of Tourism