International Students - Hairdressing Emerging Stylist Level 4
There is always demand in the industry for hairdressers and you will get your pick of jobs when you’re fully qualified and experienced. Training at Level 4 is designed to develop your creative and commercial potential. Classes are small and training is divided between in-class tuition and experience in the graduate salons where you will learn the practicalities of working on the floor in a busy salon.
We will help you to develop your creativity with new approaches to cutting, colouring and styling. You will learn new skills and perfect existing ones, putting them to practice on real clients in the graduate salon.
You will also master hair and makeup for photography and competitions and have the chance to style hair for exciting fashion events. You will graduate with the necessary creative, technical and commercial skills to take your place in the workforce.
- Consultation skills
- Advanced cutting
- Creative hair colouring
- Clipper and men's cutting
- High fashion and competition styling
- Fashion cutting and colour work
- Makeup, catwalk and photo shoots
- Chemical reformation techniques
- Colour correction techniques
By the time you graduate you will be able to complete an in-depth consultation with a client, determine what it is the client wants and what will best suit the client’s needs, make informed decisions about actions that need to be taken and carry out those actions in a professional manner, recommend home hair care products, and give advice on how to take care of and style hair.
You may find employment as a hairdresser or stylist in a salon or in any of the following industries:
- Cruise ships
- Photographic studios
- Be 18 years or older
- Have completed New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3) or equivalent
- Have an General or Academic IELTS score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent
- And an interview may be requested
Get More Info
2020 Course Costs
- Tuition fees: $19,500.00
- Course fee: $1,750.00
2020/21 Intake Dates
Auckland City Campus
19 October 2020
11 October 2021
Auckland South Campus
11 October 2021
This course is available at our Auckland City and Auckland South Campuses.
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) - Level 4
- NZQA credits towards the National Certificate in Hairdressing (Professional Stylist) - Level 4
Cut Above Academy is one of the trading names for the registered PTE New Zealand School of Tourism. Your enrolment is with New Zealand School of Tourism Ltd and your qualification is issued by the New Zealand School of Tourism