Hair & Makeup Career Pathway Level 2
Study with us and you could get your NCEA Level 2.
Complete this course with us and, if you choose to do an optional extra 20 credits in literacy and numeracy, you'll graduate with your NCEA Level 2!
Head off for a job after your course or even better - stay on and study with us in Hairdressing, Barbering, Special Effects Makeup and more. NCEA Level 2 is a real advantage when looking for work and training opportunities.
If you are aged 16 to 19 and want to get ahead, chat with us today about this great opportunity.
What will I learn?
Employers are looking for key skills that can be used in a variety of jobs and you will learn these skills in our new course.
- Fashion trends and personal image for the beauty industry
- Introductory skills in Hairdressing, Barbering, Special Effects and Makeup
- Customer service skills
- Being an effective employee and communication skills
- Job search skills and career pathways in the beauty industry
- Good work habits and problem solving skills
- Communication and reception skills
- Literacy and numeracy – optional addition required to gain NCEA Level 2
20 weeks including 1 week of holiday.
This course is available if you:
- Have either no NCEA qualifications OR
- Have NCEA Level 1
Get More Info
2019 Intake Dates
Auckland City campus
- 18 February
- 8 April
- 15 July
Auckland South campus
- 18 February
- 29 July
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Auckland South Campuses
- New Zealand Certificate in Salon Skills (Introductory) - Level 2
Cut Above Academy is one of the trading names for the registered PTE New Zealand School of Tourism. Your enrolment is with New Zealand School of Tourism Ltd and your qualification is issued by the New Zealand School of Tourism