Start your career as a Makeup Artist! This 16 Week course will provide you with all the skills and technical know-how to assess a client’s skin and apply a range of makeup looks. You’ll graduate prepared for a job with a top cosmetic house, to work as an entry level makeup artist or with the skills to pathway into our Level 4 Certificate
- Skin care services
- Consultation skills and cosmetic consultancy
- Day, evening and bridal makeup
- Special occasion makeup
- Corrective and glamour makeup
- Catwalk and photographic makeup
- Artistry effects
- Communication, networking & social media skills
- Creating a portfolio of work
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Sales techniques for counter cosmetics
- Product knowledge
2018 Intake Dates
- 22 January 2018
- 14 May 2018
- 3 September 2018
16 weeks - there are no holiday weeks in this programme.
This course is offered at our Auckland City, Manukau and Hamilton campuses.
Student loans and allowances are available if you meet the criteria. Find out if you're eligible by calling StudyLink on Freephone 0800 88 99 00 or visit Studylink
*Includes the entry-level makeup kit which is required for this course.
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare - Level 3
- Eligibility for Credit Recognition entry to the Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4) or the Diploma in Production Design and Sculpting (Level 5) with recognition of the NZQA credits gained
Get More Info
You will have the skills to prepare skin for makeup application, create a range of makeup services, and create total looks for different medias including fashion photographic and fashion catwalk work.
Once you have graduated you can seek employment as a makeup artist in the following industries:
- Counter cosmetics
- Bridal and special occasion makeup
- Cosmetic consultancy
Entry is open to beginners and all applicants are considered however you must:
- Be 16 years or older.
- Demonstrate proficient use and understanding of spoken and written English.
- Have NCEA Level 1 (Year 11).