New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare
Start your career as a Makeup Artist! This 16 Week course will provide you with all the skills and technical know-how to assess a client’s skin and apply a range of makeup looks. You’ll graduate prepared for a job with a top cosmetic house, to work as an entry level freelance makeup artist or with the skills to pathway into our Level 4 Certificate
- Skin care services
- Consultation skills and cosmetic consultancy
- Day, evening and bridal makeup
- Special occasion makeup
- Corrective and glamour makeup
- Fashion, catwalk and photographic makeup
- Artistry effects and an introduction to body art
- Communication, networking & social media skills
- Creating a portfolio of work
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Sales techniques for counter cosmetics
- Product knowledge
2018 Intake Dates
Auckland City Campus
- 3 September 2018
Auckland South Campus
- 3 September 2019
16 weeks - there are no holiday weeks in this programme.
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Manukau campuses.
- Tuition fees: $12,300.00
- Compulsory course costs: $1,500*
You will have the skills to prepare skin for makeup application, create a range of makeup services, and create total looks for different medias including fashion photographic and fashion catwalk work.
Once you have graduated you can seek employment as a makeup artist in the following industries:
- Counter cosmetics
- Bridal and special occasion makeup
- Cosmetic consultancy
Entry is open to beginners and all applicants are considered however you must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have an IELTS score of 5.0 or NZQA approved equivalent.
- Have NCEA Level 1 (Year 11).
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare - Level 3
- Eligibility for RPL entry to the Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4) with recognition of the NZQA credits gained.