Start your career as a Makeup Artist! This 16 Week course will provide you with all the skills and technical know-how to assess a client’s skin and apply a range of makeup looks. You’ll graduate prepared for a job with a top cosmetic house, to work as an entry level freelance makeup artist or with the skills to pathway into our Level 4 Certificate
- Skin care services
- Consultation skills and cosmetic consultancy
- Day, evening and bridal makeup
- Special occasion makeup
- Corrective and glamour makeup
- Fashion, catwalk and photographic makeup
- Artistry effects and an introduction to body art
- Communication, networking & social media skills
- Creating a portfolio of work
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Sales techniques for counter cosmetics
- Product knowledge
2020 Intake Dates
Auckland City Campus
20 July 2020
Auckland South Campus
20 July 2020
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Auckland South Campuses.
2020 Course Costs
- Tuition fees: $12,600.00
- Course fee: $1,750.00
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare (Introduction) Level 3
- Eligibility for RPL entry to the Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4) with recognition of the NZQA credits gained.
Get More Info
You will have the skills to prepare skin for makeup application, create a range of makeup services, and create total looks for different medias including fashion photographic and fashion catwalk work.
Once you have graduated you can seek employment as a makeup artist in the following industries:
- Counter cosmetics
- Bridal and special occasion makeup
- Cosmetic consultancy
Entry is open to beginners and all applicants are considered however you must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- IELTS 5 in General or Academic module with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent.
- Have NCEA Level 1 (Year 11).
Cut Above Academy is one of the trading names for the registered PTE New Zealand School of Tourism. Your enrolment is with New Zealand School of Tourism Ltd and your qualification is issued by the New Zealand School of Tourism