Why Choose Us?
When you study with us you’re not studying at any old school. Our students spend every day in our cutting-edge campuses, either studying the fascinating theory behind hair and makeup, or putting what they have learned into practice, on real clients, in our on-site salons, studios and barbershops.
These are just a couple reasons why you should choose us…
1. Learn from passionate trainers who have worked in the industry
We work with leading makeup artists and hair stylists such as; Gee Pikinga, and Dylan Quinn, to give you the added edge.
2. Practise at our state-of-the-art campuses using top brands and products
We work with professional lines such as, Wella Hair and GHD.
3. We offer “Collections” across Hair, Makeup and SFX
So you can train in more than one area of expertise to become an all-rounder
4. We have over 40 years’ experience
The Cut Above Academy has been giving students the edge they need to become hairstylists, makeup and special effects artists of the future for more than 40 years.
5. Perks for Family & Friends
Invite your family or friend to the campus for a cut or colour from our students and supervised by our expert tutors.
6. Practise on real clients at our on-site training salons
We have an on-site salon and barbershop open to the public giving you the opportunity to practise your consultation skills on real clients.
7. We’re the only school offering SPFX makeup in Australia and New Zealand
Practise life-like special-effects makeup and learn from the best in the business with our industry partner WETA.
8. One-on-one guidance from your tutor
Classes are small, so you get lots of help from expert trainers and can focus on your skills and confidence.
9. We’re based in a central location
Our Auckland inner city campus has been newly renovated and is in the heart of Queen Street. We’re also based out South with our Manukau campus.
10. FREE Fees Study!
No course fees for applicants aged between 16 and 19 years of age
11. Get exposure to the industry via our exclusive opportunities
Get out in the industry with the chance to work backstage at events and shows like; Pacific Fusion Fashion and Project Runway.
12. Work with our key partner Barbershop Co
Keep up-to-date industry knowledge and offer our students employment opportunities in their Barbershops.