New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare
Getting a head start in your career means having the best training – this is the philosophy behind all Cut Above courses. The 16 week New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare (Level 3) is designed for people who want to train for a new career but cannot commit to a full year of training. The course will provide you with NZQA approved skills so you can apply, with confidence, for a job with a top cosmetic house or work as a freelance artist.
- Skin care services
- Consultation skills and cosmetic consultancy
- Day, evening and bridal makeup
- Special occasion makeup
- Corrective and glamour makeup
- Fashion, catwalk and photographic makeup
- Artistry effects and an introduction to body art
- Communication, networking & social media skills
- Creating a portfolio of work
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Sales techniques for counter cosmetics
- Product knowledge
2017 Intake Dates
- 28 August
16 weeks - there are no holiday weeks in this programme.
This course is offered at our Auckland City and Manukau campuses.
- Tuition fees: $11,887.55
You will have the skills to prepare skin for makeup application, create a range of makeup services, and create total looks for different medias including fashion photographic and fashion catwalk work.
Once you have graduated you can seek employment as a makeup artist in the following industries:
- Counter cosmetics
- Bridal and special occasion makeup
- Cosmetic consultancy
Entry is open to beginners and all applicants are considered however you must:
- Be 16 years or older.
- Have an IELTS score of 5.0 or NZQA approved equivalent.
- Have NCEA Level 1 (Year 11).
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare - Level 3
- Eligibility for RPL entry to the Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4) or the Diploma in Production Design and Sculpting (Level 5) with recognition of the NZQA credits gained.